…forget the Tower of London and the Eye and Bucklington Palash…instead, sneak behind the House of Lords to check out the newly waxed and polished Henry Moore sculpture “Knife Edge Two Piece”. This beautiful bronze is not to be missed (though it’s not promoted in the tourism info). Henry made many fabulous sculptures — some of them more figural and realistic — though his abstract 2 and 3 piece bronzes are definitely my favorites. (There are some excellent ones at the AGO Gallery in Toronto).
- The rising tide of Charm-bracelet art? Jeff Koons’s Puppy versus Serra’s Tilted Arc
- Shelley & Jason
- Winter is coming
- Shelley. School’s in.
- Heath on Labour Day
- Kristen, Old Home Week in PEI
- Destroying symbols of evil, and praying for peace & tolerance…public art as flashpoint
- What to do with a prize-winning cow on stilts that gives no milk?!
- Sandi on a rainy Sunday
- Sarah in July
- Wayne..whoa it’s hot outside
- locations of Henry Moore works worldwide
- works by Antoni Tapies
- works by Banksy (UK graffiti artist)
- works by Christo Javacheff & Jeanne-Claude (environmental artists)
- works by Eduardo Chillida
- works by Frank Gehry (Barcelona fish)
- works by Henry Moore
- works by Joan Miro
- works by Picasso
- works by Richard Serra
- works by Shepard Fairey (Obey Giant and Obama Progress)
- works by Yaakov Agam