Constant Anton Nieuwenhuys (21 July 1920 – 1 August 2005), better known as Constant, was a member of the post-WWII COBRA art group, located in Copenhagen, Brussels, and Amsterdam. During my most recent visit to Amsterdam, I copied several of Constant’s works while visiting the local COBRA gallery in Amstelveen, located a short train ride South of the city. IMO, it is well worth the side-trip to see this interesting collection of colourful works by Asger Jorn, Karel Appel, Constant and other COBRA artists.
- The rising tide of Charm-bracelet art? Jeff Koons’s Puppy versus Serra’s Tilted Arc
- Sarah en decembre
- Shelley & Jason
- Winter is coming
- Shelley. School’s in.
- Heath on Labour Day
- Kristen, Old Home Week in PEI
- Destroying symbols of evil, and praying for peace & tolerance…public art as flashpoint
- What to do with a prize-winning cow on stilts that gives no milk?!
- Sandi on a rainy Sunday
- Sarah in July
- locations of Henry Moore works worldwide
- works by Antoni Tapies
- works by Banksy (UK graffiti artist)
- works by Christo Javacheff & Jeanne-Claude (environmental artists)
- works by Eduardo Chillida
- works by Frank Gehry (Barcelona fish)
- works by Henry Moore
- works by Joan Miro
- works by Picasso
- works by Richard Serra
- works by Shepard Fairey (Obey Giant and Obama Progress)
- works by Yaakov Agam