Although Mississauga Ontario has long been seen as a drudge (I used to live there), it has recently emerged from its plain suburban chrysalis as a beautiful butterfly. A new pair of skyscrapers, Absolute World Towers, won this year’s international architecture prize for best skyscraper. Check it out. I think you’ll agree this is a fine example of creative art in public places!
- The rising tide of Charm-bracelet art? Jeff Koons’s Puppy versus Serra’s Tilted Arc
- Just hanging out
- Sarah en decembre
- Shelley & Jason
- Winter is coming
- Shelley. School’s in.
- Heath on Labour Day
- Kristen, Old Home Week in PEI
- Destroying symbols of evil, and praying for peace & tolerance…public art as flashpoint
- What to do with a prize-winning cow on stilts that gives no milk?!
- Sandi on a rainy Sunday
- locations of Henry Moore works worldwide
- works by Antoni Tapies
- works by Banksy (UK graffiti artist)
- works by Christo Javacheff & Jeanne-Claude (environmental artists)
- works by Eduardo Chillida
- works by Frank Gehry (Barcelona fish)
- works by Henry Moore
- works by Joan Miro
- works by Picasso
- works by Richard Serra
- works by Shepard Fairey (Obey Giant and Obama Progress)
- works by Yaakov Agam