It seems that 57 major works of art housed in UK national galleries are being brought outdoors onto billboards for added exposure. By snapping pics of these artworks and sending them in, you might even win a limited edition artwork! This campaign seems like a progressive step towards getting art out of stodgy art museums and into more outdoor public places (no admission fees!).
- The rising tide of Charm-bracelet art? Jeff Koons’s Puppy versus Serra’s Tilted Arc
- Shelley & Jason
- Winter is coming
- Shelley. School’s in.
- Heath on Labour Day
- Kristen, Old Home Week in PEI
- Destroying symbols of evil, and praying for peace & tolerance…public art as flashpoint
- What to do with a prize-winning cow on stilts that gives no milk?!
- Sandi on a rainy Sunday
- Sarah in July
- Wayne..whoa it’s hot outside
- locations of Henry Moore works worldwide
- works by Antoni Tapies
- works by Banksy (UK graffiti artist)
- works by Christo Javacheff & Jeanne-Claude (environmental artists)
- works by Eduardo Chillida
- works by Frank Gehry (Barcelona fish)
- works by Henry Moore
- works by Joan Miro
- works by Picasso
- works by Richard Serra
- works by Shepard Fairey (Obey Giant and Obama Progress)
- works by Yaakov Agam