“Can art still contribute to the transformation of mass society into something more real, and more satisfying in an artistic sense?”. In other words, has art been transformed under the capitalist economy into just another “leisure industry” for mass consumption, or can it still contribute to a critical view of life and society?
- The rising tide of Charm-bracelet art? Jeff Koons’s Puppy versus Serra’s Tilted Arc
- Shelley. School’s in.
- Heath on Labour Day
- Kristen, Old Home Week in PEI
- Destroying symbols of evil, and praying for peace & tolerance…public art as flashpoint
- What to do with a prize-winning cow on stilts that gives no milk?!
- Sandi on a rainy Sunday
- Sarah in July
- Wayne..whoa it’s hot outside
- mid-summer Shelley
- Waterfall glaze #1
- locations of Henry Moore works worldwide
- works by Antoni Tapies
- works by Banksy (UK graffiti artist)
- works by Christo Javacheff & Jeanne-Claude (environmental artists)
- works by Eduardo Chillida
- works by Frank Gehry (Barcelona fish)
- works by Henry Moore
- works by Joan Miro
- works by Picasso
- works by Richard Serra
- works by Shepard Fairey (Obey Giant and Obama Progress)
- works by Yaakov Agam