This blog is about promoting awareness of art in public places. That means art and sculpture found in freely accessible outdoor settings, which lend themselves to larger works of sculpture and other art — such as graffiti. It aims to develop an inventory of art pics together with related GPS coordinates and directions so that art tourists can locate and visit hard-to-find art pieces while traveling near or afar.
- The rising tide of Charm-bracelet art? Jeff Koons’s Puppy versus Serra’s Tilted Arc
- Shelley. School’s in.
- Heath on Labour Day
- Kristen, Old Home Week in PEI
- Destroying symbols of evil, and praying for peace & tolerance…public art as flashpoint
- What to do with a prize-winning cow on stilts that gives no milk?!
- Sandi on a rainy Sunday
- Sarah in July
- Wayne..whoa it’s hot outside
- mid-summer Shelley
- Waterfall glaze #1
- locations of Henry Moore works worldwide
- works by Antoni Tapies
- works by Banksy (UK graffiti artist)
- works by Christo Javacheff & Jeanne-Claude (environmental artists)
- works by Eduardo Chillida
- works by Frank Gehry (Barcelona fish)
- works by Henry Moore
- works by Joan Miro
- works by Picasso
- works by Richard Serra
- works by Shepard Fairey (Obey Giant and Obama Progress)
- works by Yaakov Agam